Weasel

Weasel

Monday 15 December 2014

First Decline Since Last Christmas

It's been a year since we saw any concerning signs of the cancer, and I honestly believed that the worst was left behind us now; however, two days ago, Weasel fell ill - vomiting up white foam all over the house. Since one pile consisted of hair, we assumed it was aggravated by a complicated hair ball...a day later he was his usual self and then last evening while we slept, he fell quite ill again, bringing up his dinner and yellow bile.

This morning my heart broke when I saw Weasel. His eyes indicated that he was in severe pain, he couldn't get comfortable in any one spot and moved constantly. He would look up at me and meow in a manner that indicated he was pleading for me to help..I've never felt so helpless..well since this happened last time at least.

I unfortunately had to leave for work today, with him in this state and me anxious beyond belief. Before I left the house I rubbed Traumeel on his stomach, hoping that it would alleviate any possible swelling but after returning home from work, I can see that it didn't do a thing. He's still sitting in a ball, suffering and in extreme discomfort.

Tomorrow I'm going to see Dr. Haghighat who hopefully can alleviate Weasel's symptoms. I wish I could afford an ultrasound so see what's taking place in Weasel..does he have more tumours? Did the existing ones expand? I truly hate not knowing. Unfortunately in Toronto (and likely elsewhere), ultrasounds for pets essentially rob you blind so it's just not an option at this stage.

I have to remind myself that these 'phases' have happened in the past and they left eventually...ironically the last time this occurred was 2 days before Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you both and praying that it all goes well. Keep positive xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Melissa,
    in the past few weeks, you and Weasel have been in my tooths.
    I am very sory that Weasel is not feeling wel, and I hoop that the hystory will reepaet.
    Somehove readeeing your blogg bring a bitter/sweet feeling about all the things that I have experiance with my cat.

    I wish you a lot of luck and I will think about you and Weasel.

    With warm reagaard
    Zana
    PS
    soory for my English

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you phoebe666 and Snezana for your kind words and support. It's always very touching to hear from other animal lovers who have faced similar ordeals :). I certainly have my fingers crossed that we can somehow shrink the liver tumor but can't help but feel doubtful as it's growing at a faster rate than the pancreatic tumor did. If Weasel is willing to endure more 'stuff' on his food, we may have a chance to fight this but it requires his full cooperation which is hard to explain to a cat :). Hopefully our trials and ordeals help others in their own quests for cures.

    ReplyDelete