Weasel

Weasel

Sunday 4 January 2015

An Update From Dave and His Cat Moosie

For those of you who have been reading my blog posts, you likely recall one regarding an email I received from Dave. Dave is also battling pancreatic cancer in his cat Moosie and the latest news he shared is that Moosie is doing incredibly well. Dave has provided extremely helpful information on his treatment regime which hopefully will benefit you in your own treatment process.

___________________________________________________________________

Moosie is doing very well!  He is healthy, his weight unchanged, and acts like a normal mischievous cat.  His treatment is similar to what it was before, but changed a bit.

Here's his current regimen :

I take a 600mg capsule of Doctor's Best Goji Berry extract, a 500 mg capsule of Now brand Lysine powder, a capsule of Life Extension Mega Green Tea extract, and a 500 mg capsule of Doctor's Best or Nutrigold Cucumin C3 Complex, and empty them into a bowl.  I mix them up.  I take two 100mg Novodalin b17 pill, and cut them in half.  A half B17 pill goes into each empty pill capsule. 
I fill the mixed powders in the capsules equally.  Moosie gets a mixed pill in the morning with 1000mg of Barlean's fish oil, and a mixed pill and 500mg of Food Science of Vermont cold-pressed black currant seed oil.

Every two months I have given Moosie Nature's Sunshine PawPaw Cell-Reg for one week.  I empty one capsule at at time, and fill an entire empty #3 capsule with pawpaw.  He gets the #3 capsule full of pawpaw 3x a day-- so 21 pills in that one week period.

I also sprinkle organic MSM on his wet cat food twice daily.  I give him organic Jarrow MSM.

I have been studying LDN and will probably add that to his regimen later this year.  I found out I can legally order the pills and make it myself without a prescription.  

Can pawpaw be added to Weasel's regimen?  If he is feeling up to it, it works by turning down the voltage of the cancer cells so they self-destruct.  Also MSM oxygenates the body, and cancer cells can't live in an oxygenated environment-- studies have shown cancer cells revert to normal cells when taking MSM.

(Here is a video Dave provided on Paw Paw: http://youtu.be/hD6MGd0Dz5o)

- Dave

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing Moosie's regime. My Sebastian has taken a turn for the worse and I am doing some research and keeping a running list of things to discuss with our vets. Our traditional vet is talking about chemo. :( Sebastian has had chronic pancreatitis for awhile now and no biopsy. Just recently he has crashed and has new symptoms (watery diarrhea, enlarged mesenteric lymph nodes, weight loss). She thinks he has cancer. Our holistic vet wants to try a few things and run more tests before diving into something like cancer/chemo. Ugh. I hate this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,

    Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that Sebastian has taken a turn for the worse. How awful!! I really hope you don't have to pursue chemo as the cost would be horrendous and it takes its toll on all family members unfortunately, although can many times have successful outcomes. My thoughts are with you guys and wishing for a positive outcome!!

    After Weasel's recent downturn, I took the advice of the poster who has Moosie and purchased Paw Paw (probably the only seller willing to send a bottle to Canada since it's banned for goodness knows what reason). Weasel is back to his old self again and doing very well. If you live in the US, I suggest obtaining a bottle of this if you can (since it's legal there) and mix a capsule per day of the powder in Sebastian's food. It's beneficial to the overall health and not simply for cancer specifically. Mention it to your vet as well as I'm sure they have valuable input regarding it.

    Big hugs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Melissa. I will definitely look into the Paw-Paw. I'm so glad to hear that Weasel has rebounded!

      Delete
  3. Hi. Dave doesn't mention his cat's weight here or what size capsule he is filling with his first recipe. I don't want to assume half of each of the other pills fits into it?. Could we find this out? Perhaps you would be able to connect us. I can be reached thorugh zenk9.com. 50mg BID of B17 seems like a high dose for a cat. I was recommended to use 1-2mg/lb. Then again a holistic vet said to give my 12lb cat 2 apricot pits (ground up) daily. Which might be as much as 100mg B17 but it a lof of that would be trapped in the nutty portoin which is not digestible and a cofee bean grinder would perhaps only release about 50% of it (guessing here). Would love more specifics and more info from Moosie's dad. I am having trouble navigating your blog. Sorry,
    And I am sorry you lost your baby. It made me cry, but then I thought how lucky you were to have more than 2 years with him. You were truly blessed. You did all you could. You are also helping those us feeling helpless. You give us hope. I think any one of us would pay a million bucks o get two more years with our best buddies. You are hero to cats everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just adding this because I forgot to check the notify me box.

    ReplyDelete