Weasel

Weasel

Monday 26 August 2013

Nothing New to Report Which is Good News!

I've been away for a while but that's due to the fact that we're chugging along quite nicely on our current treatment regime.  Weasel is doing very well and is still his usual fussy self, being finicky to the nth degree about what he eats.  Eventually we find something remarkably tasty to feed him which inspires his appetite yet again.  A part of me worries that his fussy ways are the cancer but as far as I can recall, he's been like this.  He hasn't vomited in a while so I think he's stabilized.  I haven't weighed him in a while either to see if he's lost the weight we successfully put back on him.

I looked thoroughly into the MMS treatment option but it's not possible for us.  We can barely get Weasel to eat 3 times a day, let alone once an hour.  I also can't risk him becoming nauseous which occurs as you increase the amount of drops administered.  If he associates that with food, then our efforts to date will be lost.  It's been a constant uphill battle to get him excited about food, unless of course, he's stealing it off a counter, then it's the best thing he's ever had.  MMS leaves a funny taste in the mouth as well which I can't risk him associating with the food.  He's unfortunately too difficult to give drops too orally for that to be an option. The stress on him wouldn't be worth it.

Periodically I will check the blog to see if anyone has left comments but I won't be posting updates unless I have new information to add.  As long as Weasel continues to remain well and our regime stays as is, there's little need for me post.  I've thoroughly enjoyed hearing back you though, so please continue to post your experiences with treatment options or to share your challenges, as either myself or another individual visiting the site, may have helpful insight to share, or support at the minimum.  My goal is to have this blog become a beneficial source for anyone who's pet is dealing with cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment