Weasel

Weasel

Friday 30 August 2013

Helpful Information to Share

Although Weasel's health hasn't changed, I do have new news to provide based on this past week, which I hope can provide assistance to others.

About 4 days ago, Weasel vomited all of his dinner.  I don't take these matters lightly and thought that I may need to improve upon the treatment I'm providing him with.  I immediately gave him 1 drop of MMS - something I had decided against, which was diluted in 13 drops of water, with 1 drop of the activator.  It may have been coincidence, but shortly after he seemed fine again and ate some food I gave him.  I started looking up MMS a lot more seriously, as this may be a method of treatment that I can't walk away from.  MMS taken directly can have many negative side effects such as nausea.  I can't afford to have Weasel feel anything of the sort as he'll lose trust in his food.  There is however a method to convert MMS into what is called CDS.  CDS is taking the 'gas' vapours from the MMS and the activator, and releasing it into a bottle of water.  That solution when taken, does not have any of the side effects from taking MMS directly.  On top of that, the bad taste is removed.  I watched a YouTube video that explains how this concoction can be made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5UHdyeNCbI

I've ordered a syringe online and will test out this method in a couple of weeks.  I'm only giving Weasel a drop a day of this solution, which may be ineffective but I don't dare go up to a level that could cause issues.

In my research for treating cancer, I came across two very useful holistic remedies.  One is called European Mistletoe and the other is Curcumin.  European Mistletoe is actually used in conjunction with chemo and radiation therapy for people, as it nullifies the negative side effects.  It's also used for those who wish to take a holistic approach exclusively.  The success of using European Mistletoe for many forms of cancer is incredible!  Unfortunately for Weasel and I, it's pretty much ineffective for pancreatic cancer.  Pets with other forms of cancer such as liver cancer, can do what's called Mistletoe Therapy which involves injections 2-3 times per week.  Your holistic vet can train you in how to administer the injections so that you can do it from home, instead of driving your kitty back and forth all week which is very hard on a pet.  I highly recommend that you take the time to search in Google for 'Mistletoe Therapy' and 'cancer' to read the impressive case studies out there.  Also, please note that although Mistletoe is deadly to cats when eaten, the extract that is injected into them is not and can prove to be quite beneficial.

What I have successfully been able to administer is Curcumin.  It has virtually no taste as long as you don't purchase Turmeric, which I believe is the spice version that contains Curcumin.  The capsules are rather large so I knock out a small amount on a plate that measures about 1/2" in diameter, as you don't want to give a small cat the same dosage as a full grown adult human.  I mix it with a small amount of half and half cream and add chunks of chicken from the roast I make each week.  The chicken seems to grab the milk mix.  I have a very finicky cat so I'm truly blown away that he eats it and am very thankful.  This website goes into further details on dosage amounts: http://margaret.healthblogs.org/2007/10/11/curcumin-for-cats/

Also, here's just one of many sites that talks about how effective Curcumin is in fighting cancer: http://www.naturalnews.com/037879_curcumin_cancer_cells_turmeric.html

In addition to researching these new aids in the fight against cancer, Weasel and I went by the Holistic Vet Clinic in Newmarket and saw our friend Dr. Haghighat.  Dr. Haghighat was very pleased to see Weasel's progress and informed me that he's gained 3 lbs since his last visit.  This is great news!  Dr. Haghighat was very kind and supportive, listening to my concerns and as usual, focused on the positive and how far we've come with such positive results.  It's nice to talk to someone who cares as much as you do about the wellbeing of your pet and has so many positive insights to share or remind others of.  He was also, as usual very helpful with information and with treating Weasel.  Weasel had an acupuncture treatment which harmonized him and made him very relaxed.  I took a photo of him and you can see the small needle near his back end.  Shortly after this picture was taken he stretched his front paws out to get comfortable so he felt pretty darn good which is rare at a vet's office haha.


Weasel also received vitamin B injections which stimulates the appetite, and received a holistic remedy that consisted of several different herbs mixed into one concoction.  I believe Dr. Haghighat mentioned that one of the remedies was red leaf clover which I haven't heard of yet.  We also picked up a new bottle of a mix the vet makes that helps with appetite and digestion.

Dr. Haghighat also introduced me to a new remedy which is called 'Deer Velvet'.  Essentially it's an additional immune system booster but also has many other beneficial outcomes which you can read on numerous sites.  What I was interested in reading was this statement: "Deer velvet antler has long history of use as a traditional medicine. Although there is not enough evidence that velvet antler can actually totally cure cancer, it still shows that it helps increase the survival rate of the cancer  patient. In some cases, it helps prevent the spread of cancer cells to other parts of the body, preventing a full-blown cancer." (http://www.velvetdeerantler.org/benefits/cancer-and-deer-velvet-antler/)

This comes in a tablet and has a slight fish scent so if your kitty enjoys fish, they'll love this.  I'm going to start by grinding up half a tablet each day and add it to a treat.  Initially I'll give it to him separately but if Weasel enjoys it, I'll add it to the other treats I'm already providing him with.

Although there is a lot to look up when treating cancer holistically, it's well worth your research.  The results of treating Weasel have been remarkable.  I'm hoping he exceeds all expectations and perhaps will one day be a documented success story that helps many others.  Also, keep in mind that although it seems like a lot of work, you eventually find your rhythm and a setup that works for both you and your kitty.  It doesn't really take up that much time for me to feed him and apply the naltrexone each day.  It's just part of my new daily routine in life.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa
    I wrote you a couple of times in response to some of your blogs about my cat Simon who had lymphoma. I am so glad to hear that Weasel has gained 3 pounds, that is huge. I always felt good that i could maintain Simons weight for months, but i could never get him to gain weight. Like you i researched for hours on end. I read up on the Bob Beck protocal and electromagnetic pulse and put what little money i had left to buy one. It came the day after Simon passed away. I thank God for giving me my extra year with Simon and i appreciated every minute of it. Simon's lymphoma never left his leg so i had great hope. The last time he visited the holistic vet which was 3 days before he passed, she said to remember for Simon love, patience and dignity. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley,

    I'm so sorry you lost Simon. Reading this brought tears to my eyes as I can only imagine how sad you must feel, especially after you worked so hard to control the lymphoma. I'm terrified about facing the day when Weasel may succumb to his pancreatic cancer, as I'm aware that it's incurable, even though a part of me thinks I can work some sort of miracle. I think, like you, I'll have the good fortune of being with Weasel for an extra year, which I wouldn't have had had I not taken any action. It sounds like you did an amazing job to have had Simon for that year. Thank you for sharing this with me and everyone else who reads this blog.

    Take care,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the loss of your fur baby, Shelley, I know that awful painful feeling. I'm treating one of my little fur babas ATM for cancer in the salivary gland.
    How is Weasel doing, Melissa? I'm interested in the turmeric - bought some from health food store for Tigger, but unsure of the dosage as its loose powder. I've got Tigger on the Budwig Diet, and starting him on Essiac Tea today. Got to say, he looks much better and his coat is now beautiful and although he's 13, he seems to have more energy! I have been mixing the quark and flaxseed oil in his favourite treat, a liquid yoghurt for cats called Lick-e-Lix. Can get him to take anything if its mixed in with this! It's by Webbox. I'm in UK ( not sure where you guys are!) and can buy a five pack treat for less than £1 in supermarkets. I hope Weasel is doing ok, my boy has asthma from being a kitten so I'm going to try what you said. Wishing you both well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola58! Thanks so much for following the blog and for sharing those kind words :). With regards to the Turmeric, you may have a challenge there..that's a potent product for a kitty's tastebuds. I purchased Curcumin instead which is the cancer fighting ingredient in Turmeric and doesn't contain the strong flavour. If you find that the Turmeric is a flop, try to buy the Curcumin capsules and see how that goes, when buried in goodies like cheese and pâtes.

      Also, if you can, try to get Tigger on the low dose naltrexone once his immune system is strengthened. I truly believe that that in combination with the Essiac Tea, is the reason why Weasel is still thriving. The other remedies are essential though for maintaining his strength and keeping the cancer squelched haha.

      I love that you're seeing progress already with Tigger. That's wonderful news! I've never heard of Webbox in Canada. It sounds like a great solution for disguising off-putting medicine!

      Please keep up posted on your progress! :)

      Delete